Eric Wimbush, Sonesta Bee Cave Austin Director of Sales & Marketing
June 21st, 2021
- What is your favorite thing about the City of Bee Cave?
- Something that makes Bee Cave such a special place to live and a spectacular place to visit is it’s small town charm and big city conveniences. Whether you’re seeking outdoor adventure, arts and culture or premier shopping, Bee Cave has it all.
- Out of all the great places to eat, which is your favorite restaurant?
- I may be partial, but I think Meridian 98 is an unbeatable Bee Cave dining destination for any occasion. The menu, which is inspired by local Texas ingredients, has something for everyone to enjoy and I am continually impressed by their creative seasonal cocktails and selection of craft beers. The restaurant’s expansive rooftop terrace is an idyllic location to gather with colleagues for a casual happy hour or serves as a perfect backdrop for a romantic sunset dinner.
- Where is your favorite place to grab a drink with friends in Bee Cave?
- The League Kitchen and Tavern is a fun locale for a drink with friends or to watch your team’s big game.
- What are some of your favorite local shops?
- The Vista Brewing pop-up at the Hill Country Galleria has a great selection of their craft beers available in 750ml bottles or six-pack cans. Locally brewed, Vista Brewing’s beers come in a variety of unique flavors and make for a unique gift or the perfect beverage for a picnic or boat day.
- What is your favorite outdoor activity in Bee Cave?
- What is your favorite local event in Bee Cave?
- What is your favorite season in Bee Cave?
- Fall is a great time to visit Bee Cave. It’s wonderful to watch the Hill Country transform into fiery shades of red and orange and the cooler weather makes exploring nearby hiking trails and outdoor dining that much more enjoyable.
- What would your ideal day spent in Bee Cave look like?
- A relaxing morning hike through Reimers Ranch Park followed by a light breakfast from Baguette et Chocolate. A scenic drive to nearby Treaty Oak Distillery for a leisurely tour of their ranch property and an afternoon spent sipping locally distilled spirits and listening to live music. On summer evenings, my wife and I enjoy attending events on the Hill Country Galleria’s lawn such as the upcoming summer musical series with Zilker Theatre Company.