- This event has passed.
Farm Class Series
February 26 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on February 26, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on March 26, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on April 23, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on May 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on June 25, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on July 23, 2022 at 10:00 am
About this event
Join Vista Brewing’s Farmer Noël for a series of seven gardening classes, applicable to beginner gardeners and experienced farmers. Class will meet once a month on the fourth Saturday from January through July, with topics progressing through the growing season. [Note: May’s class will be the 3rd Saturday to avoid Memorial Day weekend.]
Noël is a passionate and experienced farmer who grew up in a farming and foodie family and brings her knowledge and passion for sustainable farming to Vista. She is responsible for the planning and production of vegetables, herbs and flowers in the Vista Farm, from the soil to the kitchen. You’ll find her sharing her wealth of scientific knowledge of soil fertility through these classes and each week at or booth at the Dripping Springs Farmer’s Market. Follow along her adventures on Instagram @familyfarmer.
Each class will spend 30 minutes in a classroom-style presentation and 90 minutes learning and working in the garden. Your ticket includes the class and one beer or non-alcoholic beverage after class.
- Individual class: $35
- Full Series of 7 classes: $210 (essentially one free class!)
2022 Vista Farm Class Series
- January 22 – Planning your 2022 Season*
- February 26 – Starting Seeds and Readying the Soil
- March 26 – Plant the Plan
- April 23 – Checking In and Using Support Structures
- May 21 – Keep On Keepin’ On (weeding, succession planting, more weeding)
- June 25 – Harvest and Storage
- July 23 – Preserve your Harvest*
* 100% classroom session, no outdoor gardening
Notes: Students should wear clothes and shoes appropriate for outdoor work that protect from elements of current weather including sun. Bring water, gloves and a hat. Please apply sunblock before entering the garden.